Where Imagination Meets Innovation!
About the Fab Lab
A Fab Lab consists of a suite of digital fabrication and rapid prototyping machines, including a large computer numerical control (CNC) router (the ShopBot), a vinyl cutter, a laser engraver, an electronics work bench, a 3D printer, and the accompanying computers and software for design, programming, and machine communications. This equipment allows students to use computer-aided design to make almost anything they can imagine. Fab Labs across the world share the same foundation of machines and processes and are linked through video conferencing and online tools.
- In-service training for teachers prior to the lab visit
- Certified instructors
- Equipment, including:
- Large computerized numerical control (CNC) router: the ShopBot
- 3D desktop mill and scanner
- Vinyl cutter
- Laser engravers
- 3D printers and accompanying computers and software for designing
- Programming and machines communications
Stationary Site Coming Soon!
We are currently in the process of building our stationary Fab Lab! This will bring even more opportunities to people of Jackson County. Check back here or follow us on Facebook to stay up to date!